Thursday 2 June 2011

Day One: Kelowna June 2, 2011

Hey Hey everybody! I made it to Kelowna in one piece! 13 hours on a bus is a long time but I got to drive through three national parks (Banff, Yoho, and Glacier), I saw some shanty barns, and I saw a giant trailer tipped over on its side! What a day! I got into Kelowna at 10pm on the 1st and waited for my hostel shuttle to come get me: It was a thin German dude who picked me up in his car (the windshield wiper blade flew off while we were driving in the rain!)







This morning I woke up, got myself together and took an epic walk to Tree Brewing at 1083 Richler St.




Out of the beers I tasted: Beach Blonde, Cutthroat Pale Ale, Cider, and Hop Head IPA, the best one for me was the Hop Head IPA. In my opinion its got a great amount of bitterness that's mellowed out my the sweetness of the malt. Of course, I like IPAs soooo, yeah. The Beach Blonde is a really good  lager type beer for sippin on a hot day... I'd recommend it for sure!

Here's a pic of the spot I enjoyed my beer this afternoon:



Off to Vancouver tomorrow, where I'm sure it'll be crazy due to the second game of the Stanley Cup final! Lots more beer to be had!


No comments:

Post a Comment