Sunday 12 June 2011

Greetings from the West..... the far West


Well, I've made it to the Pacific! Coast number one of the cross-Canada journey has been reached.... now to head for the Atlantic.... but first, BEER!!!



I hit the Tofino Brewing Company, which opened in April, and tried their two beers: Tuff Session Ale and Hoppin Cretin IPA. The IPA is pretty standard for the style: good bitter grapefruity flavour at the beginning that gives way to a smooth finish. The brewery's other offering, which I was able to sample at one of the local bars, is a super drinkable pale ale. When you're in Tofino give 'em both a try for sure because you're not going to find it anywhere else for a while.... Tofino Brewing Company is still without a bottling line... They do, however, get a special thumbs up for using hydroelectic power and a water recovery system that saves 1200 L per batch brewed. Right on!


And here's a pic I took of some cool people a met from Montreal who I enjoyed a few pints of Tuff Session with... Evan, Stephanie, and Sarah all give it a thumbs up.... or the general equivalent of a thumbs up. I wouldn't personally choose either of Tofino's beers as a zombie apocalypse pick... but I'll take it over a surfboard to the face. So I will rate both brews from Tofino Brewing Company 6 embarrassing surfing wipeouts out of 10. Pretty good.


I will, however, give 10 out of 10 embarrassing surfing wipeouts for the view!



Lisa's stamp of approval!

No comments:

Post a Comment