Friday 24 June 2011

Oh Regina, Yo Mamma done got me drunk....

Good day to all you faithful followers of the blog and welcome to friendly friendly Regina.... Now, the microbrewery scene is a little scarce here in Saskatchewan (not counting Paddock Wood and Great Western Brewing Co. in Saskatoon), however, Saskatchewan is home to the most microbrew pubs per capita in the country! The most famous brewpub in Regina is Bushwakkers but I didn't end up going there; rather, I got my microbrew pub fix at a small place called Slow Pub....

This place is great! Friendly staff and good beer brewed by cool people! I sampled their Yo Mamma Pilsner.... a lot. Oops! Luckily, I wrote legibly enough in my notebook that I can share my thoughts with y'all!


This tasty elixer pours a golden yellow and has only a slight hops on the nose. You get a bitter hops (of the noble Hallertau variety) bite at the beginning which mellows out quickly and finishes clean and refreshing. There's also a nice grapefruity quality to it, which I always dig. Like I mentioned before, this beer is VERY DRINKABLE, I had more than a few, which led to my decision to hold off on the beer for the rest of my time in the city.... I'm not trying to get fat here! Besides, missing Bushwakkers gives me a reason to come back to Regina, which is really lovely.... I even wrote down I LOVE REGINA!!! in my notebook while sampling this brew, so it must be true. Oh me!

Here's a picture of J.D, the brewmaster and chef at Slow Pub. A very nice, knowlegeable, and passionate guy....


I will leave you all with a look at some of the labels they use for the off sales of their brews.... I'm a fan! And I think most of you will be too!


Next up, Half Pints of Winnipeg!

2 comments:

  1. I like the labels, I just don't remember any nuns that looked . :)

    ReplyDelete