Tuesday 12 July 2011

Oh Ottawa!!

As you can see, I am not dead.... I just haven't been updating due to having lots of fun and going on trips to Niagra Falls and sweaty sweaty gay bars..... I have arrived safely in Montreal, however, and since its freaking hot outside right now, I've decided to update in the comfort of central AC.. ah!!!

I hit Ottawa to visit Beau's Brewery but we got sidetracked by visits to the Parliament and a super scary ghost tour of the Ottawa jail. So, instead of going to the brewery itself, my friend Mike, his super upbeat friend Natalie, and myself picked up some Beau's Organic Lagered Ale and reviewed it on our own:


This is a largered ale, which means it uses ale yeast but it ferments at the cooler lager temperature and it ferments longer than an ale yeast would. This results in a crisper, lager-like ale that still has some of the spiciness/fruitiness that an ale tends to deliver.

In my opinion it's a little hops heavy and it leaves a long lasting bitter aftertaste. It's not bad but I find it a little off balance.

Mike commented that it left his mouth feeling soft and Natalie enjoyed that light carbonation that the beer offered.



In the end, we all liked Beau's Organic Lagered Ale, but none of us are prepared to pick it as the last beer we drink before our brains are eaten by zombies..... I give it 2 Stephen Harper love handles out of 5.

Next up: The Old Toronto Beer Tour

No comments:

Post a Comment