Monday 4 July 2011

Winnipeg's Half Pints Brewery



O.k, so I didn't have the greatest time in Winnipeg this last week; my back acted up and I was hurting quite a bit while in town. I pushed through the pain enough, however, to make it out to the Half Pints Brewery (the only craft brewery in Winnipeg) to sample some of their beers and take an extensive and informative tour.

David Rudge, the brewmaster, is a self proclaimed brewing addict (as in addicted to brewing beer, not drinking it) and every Saturday he hosts the nearly hour and a half tour of the working brewery. Most brewery tours I've been on have lasted about twenty minutes; so, if you really want to hear and see the whole process from beginning to end, this is the beer tour for you!

As mentioned before, my back was not feeling great the day I saw Half Pints, and as such, I didn't take any extensive notes and now I can't remember anything in particular about what I tasted (good thing this isn't my real job ;-))

So, instead I will leave you with a few pictures from the brewery and the knowledge that it is available in Edmonton at the ever impressive Sherbrooke Liquor Store.


My next stops are Toronto and Ottawa..... I will write something down this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment