Friday 24 October 2014

Update on Heartbreak Porter V.1 and Ginger Beer V.2

A few weeks ago I made up my first batch of Heartbreak Porter and finally last night was the dreaded bottling night. I made a few changes to the batch due to what I had available and I came out with a thick 7.3% mother of a beer. When I made this first batch, I couldn't find any Willamette, so I changed my aroma hops to Fuggles. Also, I just plain couldn't find our Black Patent malt, so I threw in some Kilned Coffee instead. I'm liking the way it's tasting so far... nice roasty with bit of sweetness. Like I said, it's a thick, chewy big bitch of a beer.... Hopefully, perfect for those long, snowy winter nights coming up.


Here's Andy and Graham helping with the tedious process of bottling......... They also made me watch the Canucks game and refused to play any Dolly Parton...... Not cool!


And here they are.... carbonating as I type this..... Not too much longer now, my pretties.... 

Andy and I also revisited a Ginger Beer recipe we made last year that turned out pretty well. Simple malt bill of Pilsner, Wheat, and some Crystal. We added some ginger to the kettle near the end of boil and we're going to dry hop it with some noble hops and more ginger and see how it turns out.



Just look at that sexy, sexy krausen! Just look at it!

No comments:

Post a Comment