Friday 26 September 2014

Beers of Poland Part 2: Lezajsk

Continuing with the Beers of Poland series, I present to you: Lezajsk:


Lezajsk is owned by Zywiec, which is, as mentioned in my previous post, part of the Heineken family. The brewery itself is located in the town of Lezajsk in southeast Poland and was founded in 1525.

The beer is clear and golden in appearance and offers a medium to high carbonation. The aroma is very sweet and biscuity but as it warms up more flowery notes from the hops can be picked up. The first thing I pick up in the taste is molasses type sweetness. There's also something of a burnt caramel quality. I find the bitterness in this one is at the end of the palate and in the aftertaste. There is also a very distinct metallic taste that lingers long after the sip.

For Lezajsk, like many European lagers, malt is the driver of taste and hops is used to balance out the sweetness, however, I still find it a bit too sweet for my liking compared to other beers of the same style. It's not my favourite beer but I wouldn't kick it out of bed either.

And in the end, it still pairs well with a chicken salad sandwich, which is always important.


Here's a picture I found of the outside of brewery itself

No comments:

Post a Comment