Thursday 15 January 2015

Doc Brown's Belgian Blonde Experiment!!!

So, I brewed my first beer of the new year the other day. I decided that soon I'll be in the mood for something 'spring like', so I decided on a Belgian Blonde with two different yeast strains. I put Wyeast Trappist in one carboy and Wyeast Belgian Saison in the other.


Its base is Pilsen plus a bit of aromatic malt and some wheat. I hopped it with some Hallertau and tada! The Belgian Saison is fermenting away nice and steady, however, the Trappist got a little saucy on me and went blahhhhhhh grrrllllllll all over the damn place. So, I had to make a new blow-off situation to accommodate its attitude!


And since this is the first brew of 2015 (and the future in Back to the Future), I am calling it Doc Brown's Belgian Blonde Experiment!


No comments:

Post a Comment