Thursday 8 January 2015

Non-Commercial Beer Commercial

I think most people can agree that there is a general formula to beer commercials.... young people in the outdoors playing Frisbee, girls in bikinis on jet skis, attractive people having a way better time at the bar than you ever do.... and so on..... So, I thought I'd post one of my favourite beer ads in recent memory that takes a bit of a different approach. 

Here is an unconventional beer ad for New Castle Brown Ale that aired during last year's Super Bowl featuring Anna Kendrick complaining that she got screwed over for the endorsement. Does it do a good job selling the product or is it just a funny commercial?




1 comment:

  1. Breweries have to differentiate themselves somehow...taking the bimbo formula and tweaking it so that she's irate may be somewhat original, but in this case, the clip is simply too long. I watched the entire clip and was actually disappointed! Just not enough impact, not enough funny, just someone bitchin'! Newcastle Brown Ale? I remember it because it the first beer I threw up from drinking too much of it! Now that's remembrance!

    ReplyDelete